Monday, February 7, 2011

Latest Letters

Hi Susanna!

Thank you for your help. For answering my email and for making it easy and joyful to get in touch with you.

It's only been a few weeks since I received your book and it's been both familiar and an eye-opener.

It has been easy to be easy about all this since reading your book. It's been easy to implement this into our lives here. Your book makes it so clear.


I am enjoying more foods than ever, not thinking about fat, calories, portions, healthiness of the food choice etc... that all shifted about the 2nd week of doing the new set of rules. I now know it's all about balance. Anyway for me it is.

I am fuller quicker. I am almost always leaving several bites of everything I eat ( once in awhile I eat the whole cookie but am easy on myself about it) I am snacking several times a day and enjoying every bit of it! I have been amazed at how I have been able to unravel years of not so great eating thoughts and habits. I think it was time, I was definitely ready! Adding to it the teachings of Abraham and realizing it's all vibration just is so perfect along with your teachings! Everyday is a new day, new appetites, new fabulous meals to cook and enjoy! And I AM EATING!!! Confidently eating!!! Yay!!! I could probably lose quicker by eating less, but like you said... I'd feel deprived and then over eat. I am finally "getting" this!

The BEST part is!!! drumroll please.... in just a month (that is even before I started your book and was only reading the early posts of the weight loss thread) I have definitely gone down in size!!! My size 8 jeans are all looser. Everything is looser! I am  very comfortable in all my skinny jeans, all my low cut jeans too. I have no muffin top anymore! I am getting leaner, smaller and even more toned up (only doing my few yoga stretches I do and walking the dogs as before, as in nothing has changed in routine) I feel better, happier, satisfied, excited about eating, comfortable and pleased with myself!!! I have not weighed myself and that in itself it a HUGE thing! I have no desire to either! But I know I am getting smaller and have to be losing weight as well. I know I will very soon be a 6 or smaller. I also know that this is permanent. The way that feels right about eating. Did I mention that I am 53? I often forget that I am :) but age so does not have a thing to with any of this! It's so freeing!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Oh and thank you for the rule of leaving 3 bites when it's still a 10 and you are almost done lol!!! That is a biggie here for us both! Because somethings do taste just that great all the way through!!! :)

Yes, freedom indeed! Thank you ❤ so much for helping me.

Have a wonderful evening,
All the best to you~
PW





Susanna,

You are a breath of fresh air. Thank you! I really thought you were writing about me. I loved every bit your book but my favourite part is how you raised Brooke to have a healthy relationship with food. Truly Amazing and what a gift! I want to do that with my son too. He's only 4.

Breakfast this morning was the first meal I ate after reading your book. I almost forgot to leave a couple of bites. I was about to plunge my fork in again and I was SHOCKED at how hard it was to leave those 2 bites. I sat staring at the food for a minute and then ... MY GOD ... HOW FREEING!!! ... I felt ten foot tall and bullet proof as I put that unfinished plate on the sink.

At lunch time I really didn't think I could do it again and I DID!!! What a surprise. It felt very werid because I was in the clean plate club too. My husband will often leave two or three or even four bites on his plate and I will look at him like he is crazy. ( Most often I will eat his leftovers too!!!) I just couldn't understand how he couldn't fit it in. He's never had a weight problem either mind you!

My dad is a big overeater, normally going back for seconds. Mum was always starting a diet on Monday. I fussed and dieted thinking I was fat right through high school. Even though I weighed 50kg. I'm a big eater now too, and a greedy eater and a sneaky eater. Well okay that is my 'old story'.

My 'new story' .... is that I have fallen in love with food. I love eating at a beautifully laid table with good food, good wine and good company. What a thrilling concept to have a healthy realtionship with food. 

With Abe's Meditation CD and your book I feel certain that my body will gradually come back into alignment while enjoying the foods I love to eat. I don't have scales I gave them away about 12 months ago. I lost 12kg with weight watchers about 18months ago. After a while it did my head in counting points so I stopped dieting. I have been eating and drinking whatever i want since and have maintained a size 26 in clothing. There have been moments where I've felt my pants get a bit loose around the waist. I want to be a size 10 again like back in my army days. I will keep you updated if you like Susanna.

Thank you ever so much!

With Appreciation

NW






Dear Susanna,

I am sharing [something that I wrote in memory of my brother-in-law who passed away recently]. I hope that you read this;  otherwise, you will not know how very much you have helped me, especially in the past few days.  You are a gift from the Universe, Susanna.  Thank you!

This week has been very emotionally draining so far.  My brother-in-law passed away suddenly very early Sunday morning.  There is more to this story but I cannot [write] it now.

I ordered a book titled "I’ve Tried It All!  Now What?!  It is written by a very astute woman, named Susanna Dee, AKA  'The Donut Whisperer.'  In her book she writes:  “We have a strong emotional connection to food.  That connection should be honored, not denied!”  Susanna further writes:  “From the moment we are born, we associate food with comfort and emotion!  Breast feeding is the epitome of correlating food with comfort and emotion!  Eating is and was always meant to be (a) very sensual, pleasurable, nurturing, and satisfying experience.”

I have eaten a couple of comfort foods in the past few days, but  .  .  .  .   have done so while “jogging on my dinner plate.”  My comfort foods have rated as “10+++” on the “Pleasure Scale.”  These concepts from Susanna’s book have helped me tremendously in the past few days, and it has been most fortuitous for me that her book arrived in my mailbox when it did.  Without having read her book, I know that I would have mindlessly indulged in the partaking of my comfort foods.  With Susanna’s book in my possession, I have applied Rule #5 to the consumption of my comfort foods.  Thank you, Susanna!


TG

No comments:

Post a Comment